What Is VSI Crusher Distributor Plate?
A VSI (or Vertical Shaft Impactor) crusher is a type of impact crusher that is used to break down materials such as rocks, ore, and other minerals into smaller pieces. The distributor plate is a component within the VSI crusher that helps distribute the feed material evenly onto the impeller table (or rotor) which then accelerates the material outwards against the stationary anvils or impact plates.
The distributor plate is typically a cast metal component that is attached to the base of the VSI crusher’s feed tube. Its purpose is to distribute the feed material evenly onto the impeller table, which improves the crushing efficiency of the machine by ensuring that the material is evenly processed.
The shape and design of the distributor plate can vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific VSI crusher model. Some plates may have a simple flat design, while others may feature ridges or other patterns to help improve the material flow and distribution. Overall, the distributor plate is an important component that plays a crucial role in the performance and efficiency of a VSI crusher.
When to exchange the distributor plate?
The distributor plate wears in three places, opposite each rotor port. Turn the distributor plate 1/6th of a turn when partly worn to ensure maximum usage. Replace the distributor plate once the bolt head starts to wear or once there is only 3-5mm of casting left at the thinnest point.
Generally caused by oversize feed or material dropping from a conveyor or screen chute directly onto the distributor plate.
Reduce feed size. Install or centralize spreader plate in the feed hopper. Change distributor plate type.
Removal and installation of the VSI crusher distributor plate?
- Remove roof and hopper in one lift.
- Remove feed eye ring.
- Remove stones and protective rags from distributor bolt hole.
- Remove distributor plate bolt.
- Distributor plate lifts out.
- Ensure the top plate surface is clear of obstructions before fifi tting the distributor plate to protect the distributor plate from breakage.
- Place distributor plate in centre of rotor. Insert distributor plate bolt and tighten.
- The use of large impact wrenches should be avoided when tightening bolt.