Main frame pin bushing replacement
To replace the main frame bushings, proceed as follows:
- Raise the adjustment ring until the tramp release cylinders are fully EXTENDED. When the ring has been fully raised, place the THREE safety blocks that were furnished with the Crusher at three equally spaced main frame pin locations between the main frame and the raised adjustment ring. Then lower the ring to rest on top of the safety blocks.
- Back off all six socket setscrews in the side of the adjustment ring that hold the main frame pin bushings in the ring and remove the rubber pin covers.
- Then measure the distance from the bottom of the pin bushings to the top of the main frame pin boss.
- Cut three pieces of 76 mm x 6 mm wall tubing (3″ x 1/4″) to the length measured in Step 3. Then cut each tube in half, lengthwise as shown.
- Place one set of tubing halves around each main frame pin. Wrap electrical tape or duct tape around the tubing halves to hold them together.
- Raise the adjustment ring off the safety blocks, then remove the safety blocks.
- Pressurize the tramp release cylinders to bring the ring DOWN onto the three sets of split tubing. Keep pressurizing the release cylinders until the split tubing forces the pin bushings up and out of the fit area in the bosses on the adjustment ring. The bushing can now be lifted up and out by hand.
- When the adjustment ring reaches its seating surface on the main frame, raise the ring back up to its full height and place the safety blocks at those locations where the pin bushings have just been forced out of the adjustment ring. This will permit the other three bushings to be removed.
- Remove the remaining three bushings by repeating Steps 5, 6 and 7.
- Once again, raise the adjustment ring to its full height and re-insert three equally spaced safety blocks.
- Before installing the replacement pin bushings in the adjustment ring, they must be packed in dry ice for approximately 2 hours.
- Just before installing the pin bushings, heat the adjustment ring boss with a torch for approximately 10 minutes. Then quickly slide the «frozen» bushing down into the boss until it is flush with the bottom of the adjustment ring. While holding the bushing against the bottom of the adjustment ring, tighten the setscrew in the side of the ring to hold the bushing in place.
- Raise the adjustment ring to its full height of the safety blocks and move the blocks to the three locations where the pin bushings have just been installed. Lower the ring onto the safety blocks.
- Install the remaining three «frozen» pin bushings as described in Step 12.
- After installing new frame pins, cover the holes in the adjustment ring with new foam plugs.
- Raise the adjustment ring slightly and remove the safety blocks. Then lower the ring onto the main frame and fully pressurize the tramp release cylinders to their normal operating pressure.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE PIN BUSHINGS WITHOUT FIRST INSERTING THE SAFETY BLOCKS. ALTHOUGH THE COMPRESSIVE FORCE FROM THE TRAMP RELEASE CYLINDERS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED, THERE STILL REMAINS THE REMOTE POSSIBILITY OF A HYDRAULIC FAILURE THAT WOULD ALLOW THE HEAVY-WEIGHTED ADJUSTMENT RING BOWL ASSEMBLY TO FALL AND DO SERIOUS BODILY HARM.
If you need any cone crusher parts or exchange any cone crusher parts, please contact us freely!