Cone Crusher Seal Replacement
The U-shaped seal installed around the gear well portion of the main frame is normally not subjected to contact or wear. However, if the seal is damaged in any way, it is important that it be replaced. The seal prevents oil leakage and protects the precision machined surfaces of the gear, pinion, and bearings from harmful dust infiltration. Replace the seal as follows:
- Remove the damaged seal and completely clean out any adhesive that remains in the seal groove. Use a sharpened chisel or stiff putty knife to cut through the seal and scrape the old adhesive out of the groove.
- Thoroughly clean the groove with an oil-free solvent and allow to dry. Use alcohol or acetone.
- After removing the replacement «molded to size» seal from its shipping carton, thoroughly clean the bottom of the seal using coarse sandpaper to remove the surface “shine” before cementing the seal in place. These seals were coated with a mold release agent which allows the seal to be removed from their mold during manufacture. In order for the seal to adhere properly to the adhesive used to hold the seal in the groove in the main frame, this release agent must be completely removed. IF THE MOLD RELEASE AGENT IS NOT COMPLETELY REMOVED, THE SEAL COULD COME LOOSE DURING OPERATION!
- Apply ACTIVATOR in a very thin film to the BOTTOM OF SEAL. If an excessive amount of activator is applied, a partially cured bond may result.
- Sparingly apply ADHESIVE to the BOTTOM OF SEAL GROOVE in the main frame. Apply only enough adhesive to ensure minimal squeeze-out.
- Position the seal into the groove as soon as possible after adhesive application. Maintain enough force on the bottom of the seal so that there is pressure contact between the seal and the bottom of the groove. A handling bond is attained in approximately three minutes.
If you still do not know how to exchange cone crusher seal, contact Qiming Casting freely!