Jaw Crusher General Maintenance
When performing any maintenance work on the jaw crusher, the following general precautions should be observed:
- When removing parts with machined or bearing surfaces that may rust, they should be well greased or covered with a rust preventive if they are to be kept out of the crusher for any length of time.
- Use additional caution when handling any parts that have bearing surfaces or a machined surface that has close tolerances.
- When disassembling any parts with bearing or machined surfaces, protect these surfaces from coming in contact with the ground by using wood blocks. Also protect these surfaces against dust or water with clean cardboard, paper or plastic.
- Bearings should be handled with extreme care. Excessive ramming or pounding on bearings may cause warping or springing.
- Clean thoroughly and lubricate, all machined parts before installing them in the crusher. Do not replace a bearing surface without coating it with grease. Do not grease components such as toggle seats and adjusting wedges.
- When assembling two mating parts that require either a press or sliding fit, coat the contacting surfaces with a light coating of grease. This will act as a lubricant and prevent rusting in place.
If you have any questions about jaw crusher maintenance, feel free to contact us!