When to change crusher liners?
It is an important thing when to change the crusher liner, so as to avoid damage to the liner seating surfaces of the crusher bowl, concave and mantle must be replaced before they are worn through. In some conditions with good quality wear parts, approximately 50% of the liner weight is consumed when liners are worn out. It is important to keep a record of liner wear in order to assess the degree of liner wear, if not, maybe, sometimes you need to stop the crusher operation which will decrease your profit.
Check the following types:
- On the new crusher liners, place a mark on the adjustment cap driver ring where the pinion tooth makes contact with a driver ring tooth.
- Keep an record of the number of teeth that used to compensate for liner wear on crusher liners.
- Before moving the bowl , record the total number of teeth the driver ring has moved, and also paint a horizontal liner on the side of the dust shell which the baseline for determining how close the next liner sets are to being worn out.
- When a new liner set has been installed, keep a record of the number of teeth the driver ring has moved and compare this number to the total number from the initial set of liners.
- When changing liners and determining liner wear, follow the instructions in the related crusher manual.
Typically, distorted wear profiles can cause a reduction in capacity. Other symptoms of poorly worn liners are high power draw and ring bounce. Also, the wear life can be reduced because the wear is sometimes concentrated in a small zone rather than spread along the full cavity and the cavity may have to be replaced before they are fully worn. This results in poor utilization and a higher operating wear costs.
About other details, tech service and some manuals, if you need, contact us, Qiming Casting will supply you the best service to help you solve your questions and add your profit.